Saturday, May 5, 2012

Highlighting Cloth and Steamer vs Foils and Dryer?

I have very dark roots and I get my hair highlighted pretty heavy for a blonde look. I am considering changing hairdresssers. My current and all past hairdressers have used foils and a dryer. The new one I am considering uses cloth like foils and a steamer. My question is would this be "healthier" for my hair? And will it lighten my hair as light as a dryer and foils? I am a challenge and my hair pulls brassy and takes awhile processing (45min at least) to get past brass stage.



I know that highlighting is not healthy for my hair and is damaging, that is not what I am asking so please don't waste time on the subject. I simply want to know any info on the cloths and steamer and its pros and cons vs foils and dryer.



Highlighting Cloth and Steamer vs Foils and Dryer?

I have never had this done but when I first couple of times I talked my husband into getting it done and I went with him, they used the cloth and a steamer. It turned out a nice blonde color and he has a dark brown natural color. It did seem to take a bit longer than what I thought it would. The second time we went to a different salon and they used foil and a dryer, the color looked the same except that it did not take as long. They told me at the first salon that the steamer was supposed to help with keeping some moisture in your hair so make it a little bit healthier than normal processing. I do remember that one reason it may have took longer was the girl kept letting the steamer run out of water once and then the timer went off and it stopped putting out the steam and she did not notice it until it was cooled way down. This probably hasn't been much help but your hair sounds really pretty, I may someday decide to get some highlights, but mine is permed right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment