Wednesday, May 9, 2012

My hair was still curly/wavy when wet after a thermal straightening process. Normal?

Hi all. I just came home from having my hair thermally straightened. The problem is, everyone says their hair was stick-straight after the treatment. Mine was not, before styling. Here are the steps used:



1. porosity equalizer applied.



2. The actual chemical product was applied with a brush, processed, then rinsed.



3. My hair was dried to remove 80-90% of the moisture. A flat iron was used. This part looked great!



4. A neutralizer was applied.



5. My hair was rinsed to remove the neutralizer. My hair was still wavy. It's wasn't as springy as my normal curls, but still not stick-straight.



6. Hair was styled straight with a blow-dryer and creme.



So my question is, is it normal for my hair to have been wavy after washing out the neutralizer? Should it have been stick-straight? I've never had this done before and don't know anyone else who has. I have 48 hours to go before I can wash my hair and I'm so worried. Did I just waste my money? Please share your experiences!



My hair was still curly/wavy when wet after a thermal straightening process. Normal?

If you wait however long they told you to wait, and you wash it, and it's curly/wavy, go back and tell them...they should redo it free if it's not right.

No comments:

Post a Comment