Saturday, May 5, 2012

Hi, I'm african american and my hair is very dry, stringy, and feels brittle.?

Hi, I'm African american and my hair seems to be very stringy, dry and brittle. I wash my hair with cream of nature shampo and conditioner. I sit under the dryer with the conditioner using saran wrap. Then I rinse my hair with cold water.... next put wrap foam and hair polish and wrap my hair and sit under the dryer. Afterwards I put Kera oil on my hair and straighten it with a Ceramic straightner. Can anyone tell me how to repair my hair, or stop using on my hair?



Hi, I'm african american and my hair is very dry, stringy, and feels brittle.?

Hi, I actually read this really good article about hot oil hair treatment, you'll find more useful information there I'm sure:



http://www.carefair.com/Hair-and-Nails/H...



Hi, I'm african american and my hair is very dry, stringy, and feels brittle.?

you can try redken all soft. good luck



Hi, I'm african american and my hair is very dry, stringy, and feels brittle.?

R U SLOW!



Hi, I'm african american and my hair is very dry, stringy, and feels brittle.?

you could.. well.. you know.. NOT do all of that.



Hi, I'm african american and my hair is very dry, stringy, and feels brittle.?

I would try an aphogee repair mask weekly to restrengthen your hair . If it's really stringy start with a hair cut, and start over again, leave the heat alone(ceramic iron.) Just wrap your hair up at night.



Hi, I'm african american and my hair is very dry, stringy, and feels brittle.?

I would recommend not sitting under the dryer so much. Drying your hair like that can damage it. Also look into something like Infusium leave in conditioner. The flat iron damages your hair too. All that heat isn't too good for it. You might have to go au natural for a little while so it doesn't start breaking off. But for heaven sake, cut out the heat.



Hi, I'm african american and my hair is very dry, stringy, and feels brittle.?

straightening is really not good for your hair - only do it for speical occasions



you shouldn't put so much stuff in your hair



you should just wash, dry, and brush, avoid doing too much to it



I am trying to think of a good shampoo or conditioner.... I think if you go to a salon they will tell you exactly what is perfect for your hair



A really great shampoo that i sometimes use is called Aussie volumizing shampoo and conditioner. It really makes it nice. I really hope this helps. I think if you need it straight, you should get a hair dryer with a straightening attachment so you don't burn your hair on the ceramic styler.



Hi, I'm african american and my hair is very dry, stringy, and feels brittle.?

Hey I went to beauty school a few years ago and I think you should go to a salon and get your hair permanently straighted. It will feel so soft and luxurious. also have them put a gloss on your hair it will make it very shiny.



Hi, I'm african american and my hair is very dry, stringy, and feels brittle.?

Maybe u should stop trying to straighten your hair, it probaby is causing the dryness.



Have u ever heard of ojon hair products?



They have them on the shopping channel QVC.



it is all natural product and there is a whole line , there is evn a product to use on dry, damaged hair.



Several callers have called in and said how much thye love the products and what it has done for their hair.



It may be a little expensive but is worth it.



If u can go online to QVC and type in the product Ojon, i think that is how it is spelled, then it will show u all their products, remember they are all natural and very good for the hair and skin.



let me know how u make out



Michillene



Hi, I'm african american and my hair is very dry, stringy, and feels brittle.?

so am i!!im african american too and my hair is the same way and when i whent try to get my hair done i went to the saloon and they washed my hair and it was a little better but when she pressed it,it was so nice and make sure you dont get relaxer it sucks my mom almost loss her hair like that!!and go there you can always ask them they will do your hair too!!%26lt;(-_-)%26gt;



Hi, I'm african american and my hair is very dry, stringy, and feels brittle.?

hot oil treatments are great! But honestly, conditioners with protein make hair HARD and sitting under a dryer only makes it worse. I would try hair lotions and natural oils, applied every single night, before bedtime. Sounds like you should constantly replenish moisture.



Hi, I'm african american and my hair is very dry, stringy, and feels brittle.?

African American hair it is fine to be washed once a week (unless working out or being around a lot of debree, etc.). You should consider changing your shampoo and conditioner (I suggest Pantene for Women of Color or Aveda Brilliant Shampoo or Conditioner). Also, you should consider sitting under a steamer with a deep conditioner as steamers lock in moisture and become even more effective with the deep conditioner.



After washing the conditioner out of your head, I suggest putting a dime to quarter size amount of CHI Silk Infusion in your hand and rubbing it evenly throughout your hair. Then go ahead and sit under the dryer for your hair to dry. After your hair is dry, apply ANOTHER dime to quarter size amount of CHI Silk Infusion to your hair (non greasy) and have the following products: Aveda Brilliant Damage Control (or Motions Heat Seeker Heat Protector Spray), Isoplus Oil Sheen, and Soft n Shine Spray on Hair Polish. As you get ready to straighten your hair, spray all three products on your strands first very lightly (don't soak) and then straighten it with the ceramic flat iron in which I use the CHI flat iron. Turn it like a curling iron towards the ends for that nice flip look. When you are done straighting your entire head, spray on some Aveda Brilliant Spray on Shine with Vitamin E and your hair will look and FEEL like you came out of the salon.



For grease I use Aveda Brilliant Anti-Humectact Pomade on my scalp. Wrap your hair up every night in a silk or satin scarf so it stays looking good. Get your ends trimmed every 6-8 weeks. I got my hair trimmed at the salon and then bought my own salon scissors (Walgreens, CVS, Sally's) and clipped my own ends to follow up every few weeks or so. Also, avoid using a brush because it will snag and break your hair. Use a wide tooth comb and comb your hair as less as possible. Try not to use any heat in your hair during the week (only when you wash and straighten it). The more heat you use during the week the dryer your hair will be and the more your ends will split. Good luck!!



Hi, I'm african american and my hair is very dry, stringy, and feels brittle.?

Hi. First of all believe it or not your climate has a lot to do with the condition of you hair. If you are in an area wher it is hot and dry then your hair will be dry and brittle. First try going to a salon and let a lisenced stylist get your hair back into shape. They will probably need to "clip" (not cut) dead brittle spit ends and do a deep penetrationg conditioning treatment. AFTER you do that then cream of nature shampoo and conditioner are excellent products to use but before you use that go to your local beauty supply, Walgreens, Walmart,Target or K-mart and get Optimum Care antibreakage shampoo and shine serum. One use of these will stop breakage instantly as well as coat the hair shaft and cuticle of the hair after clipping the ends. One reason why you might be having the problem with stringy hair could be because of too much oil. When you wrap your hair all you need to do is use a shine spray (containing no oil) after you unwrap it. you dont need the hair polisher be fore and the oil after, that's too much product. You dont need the saran wrap either just a regular plastic cap( formally for curls)when sitting under the dryer with your conditioner. and last but not least, if you have a relaxer and you do it too often could also cause brittle and damaged ends. I personally suggest doing a relaxer every 6 to 12 weeks depending on the type of hair you have.



Hi, I'm african american and my hair is very dry, stringy, and feels brittle.?

uuuuh damnnnn girl that is waaaaaaay bad fo yo hair dis what you do:



shampoo and condition it



rinse condition out



get organics hair mayonnaise and spread it threw yo scalp not all hair jus scalp



den you take a blow dryer withe the combs at the end and u straighten it like that



i was doin all da stuff u was doin and a whole 2 inches of my hair felll out!!!!!!



this works rell well



Hi, I'm african american and my hair is very dry, stringy, and feels brittle.?

Ok, first things first...THROW OUT YOUR CREAM OF NATURE THIS VERY INSTANT!!! It's total trash. Buy yourself some moisturizing shampoo by either Motions or Perfect Results. Rinse with WARM water and follow with Perfect Results Triple Silk Conditioner. Follow the instructions.



Use Perfect Results Oil Sheen. Keep your ceramic iron; those are the best!



Hope I helped you and good luck!



Edit: do you relax? If so, don't use box kits. They're total garbage, too. Try Motions or Pefect Results professional products. Or just get it professionally done if you can.

No comments:

Post a Comment