Tuesday, May 1, 2012

I am an African American woman who has dyed her hair one time too many and my hair is very dry.?

I also relax my hair. Can someone tell me what brand of product to get that doesn't make my hair even dryer?



I am an African American woman who has dyed her hair one time too many and my hair is very dry.?

African-American hair, because of its fragile structure,



can be easily damaged by not only chemical services, but



by day-to-day styling. Hot irons, dryers, and curlers can



damage the hair very easily. Once damaged, the only way



to have healthy hair is to allow it to grow out and start



over again...



There are ways to make African-Amercian hair look less



damaged while it is growing out. When shampooing, make



sure you use a moisturizing shampoo followed by a strong



conditioner, leaving it on as long as you possibly can



for maximum penetration. Look for conditioners that have



proteins and humectants. If your scalp is on the oily side,



keep the conditoner away from the scalp and concentrate it



on the shaft and ends of the hair. Once a week, do a deep



conditoning treatment. Using a drop or two of a silicone



serum can add shine and smooth down the hair...



Looking Good (M-F) email appearance tips.



This deep conditioning treatment is great for dry, distressed,



or damaged hair...



Mash a ripe avocado in a bowl. Add 3 tablespoons of mayonnaise



and mix well. Apply it to dry hair and distribute it evenly to



the ends. Cover with a plastic shower cap and then cover with



a towel to keep the heat in. You can heat up the towel in the



dryer to maximize benefits. Leave on 30 minutes and shampoo



it thoroughly. Apply a light conditioner afterwards if you like...



Many people, especially those with curly hair, like the



way their hair feels at the beach. Curls are more defined



and hair seems to have more body. You can duplicate that



look by taking a clear, carbonated soda, such as Sprite or



7-Up and putting it in a spray bottle. Spritz it on damp



curly, or wavy hair, tossle with your fingers....



Looking Good (M-F) email appearance tips.



I am an African American woman who has dyed her hair one time too many and my hair is very dry.?

Hi, I'm half :) There's a product at the beauty supply that is a yellow/gold label with some purple writing or a logo, it really stands out, so you'll find it, and they have a leave in conditioner and a heavier conditioner that can help with dryness, but if you relax and color your hair, the damage is done. You're going to have to wait for it all to grow out if it is really bad. I went blonde once and was frizzy for about a year until I had enough "virgin" uncolored/processed hair grown out so I could trim all the frizzies.



There are some tips at this site: http://beauty.ivillage.com/hair/volumesh...



I am an African American woman who has dyed her hair one time too many and my hair is very dry.?

TRY USING DOO GROW PRODUCTS WORKS VERY WELL FOR ME ALSO KEEP THE HEAT OUT OF YOUR HAIR AND YOU MIGHT TRY GOING LONGER IN BETWEEN PREMS



I am an African American woman who has dyed her hair one time too many and my hair is very dry.?

I use a product called Mizani. Mizani has an entire line of products. Honestly, you should never relax your own hair, even if that means having some one else do it at home for you. It has to do with timing and proper application. I also use Optimum Care "Light" Hair Dressing. It is phenomenal at keeping your hair from getting dry but it is extremely light weight on your hair. When you wash /relax your at home allow it to air dry a little before blow drying. Drink plenty of water, it really makes a difference. Always sleep with a silk or satin head wrap. It moves with your hair and does not take the moisture out of your hair.



I am an African American woman who has dyed her hair one time too many and my hair is very dry.?

There is a perm out called olive it's in a light green box, it's really good try it. Also you have to use moisturizing shampoos and conditioners, and deep condition your hair with the hair cholesterol it's really good also, put the moisture back in your hair and keep your scalp oiled, olive has a excellent hair moisturizer comes in a bottle and a jar which ever you prefer.

No comments:

Post a Comment