Saturday, May 5, 2012

Biracial hair experts....help!?

My hair is thick %26amp; long. I would not define it as curly but 'big'. Its curly when wet but doesn't stay that way. I'm considering seriously shaving my hair off b/c I regret continously straightened my hair every other week for 4 yrs for the sake of having 'good hair' (the kind of hair thats 'acceptable')



Ive only used chemicals to straighten my hair 2X. All the other times I just did wash and set using a blow dryer. I want my hair to be back to they way it naturally was before I started straightening. It's not very damaged-at least not shockingly damaged. If you saw it I think you would agree I have "strong" hair (it hasnt fallen out or broken from all the wash and sets) but it is no way the same as it once was. Now I would define it as "less big."



I believe that even using products to 'restore' my hair wont make it the exact same as it was. Should I shave it to start over again or is there a better option? I want to leave it curly from now on but dont know what products to use.



Biracial hair experts....help!?

You can keep trimming it until all the chemically treated hair has grown out. Use a protein pack conditioner like I.C. If you do shave it, you can put a little olive oil on your scalp to keep it healthy and protect it from the sun.



Biracial hair experts....help!?

people typically loose between 80 - 120 hairs daily; at this rate you will have a new head of hair every 7 years or so.



your hair seems different because it is different.

No comments:

Post a Comment